Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Random Ramblings

It's overcast and sprinkling today. At least we get a break from the heat. The birds sing every morning regardless of the weather.

I mowed the lawn yesterday, ran out of gas with just one little patch left. Oh well... It's in a section of the yard that doesn't grow as fast as the rest so by next week even I won't notice the difference. I'll know it didn't get mowed... but I'm coming to terms with that.

A year ago, if you'd asked me if I would ever consider moving back from my dad's I would have said no way. Now, with the bulk of the work done my thoughts have turned back to life outside of the tiny mountain valley.  Dale's job is great and he's finally with a company that makes him feel appreciated. While staying in Sierraville would afford us opportunities that we wouldn't have in Chico (or the surrounding area) the one thing it does not give us, is the ability for Dale to continue working - at least not in a paying job. So far this is the only thought I've given it. Though the feeling is that we'll be back... (now feeling a little like the Terminator.. "I'll be back.")

The lens on my lovely Nikon camera broke. Not the lens itself, but the three tiny little pieces of plastic that form the collar that locks it to the camera body. Thus, rendering my camera useless as I have no other lens. Pondering IF this would be covered by the manufacturer's warranty. Resolving to contact them some day in the next few weeks... it's on my to-do list. If it's not covered, well that's just a good excuse to ask for the 18-200mm lens that I've wanted for a while. After all, my birthday is coming up, and if that doesn't work, there's always Christmas. Till then.... If I get around to taking pictures.... it'll be with either my little Cannon or Kodak.

It is more than sprinkling now.... perhaps the forecast will be correct for once and it will storm, thunder and lightening as well. Beth commented this morning that she loves rainy days. I do too.

Patience is not my strong suit. Particularly when things are not within my control. My lesson in life is patience. I struggle with it daily in one form or another. The larger the goal, the less patience I have when things hiccup.

Propriety is lacking in society. Defined by dictionary.com as:

pro·pri·e·ty

  [pruh-prahy-i-tee]  Show IPA
–noun, plural -ties.
1.
conformity to established standards of good or properbehavior or manners.
2.
appropriateness to the purpose or circumstances; suitability.
3.
rightness or justness.



My beef lies in what appears to be a general lack on the part of most people to think before they ask. Some examples include:

The guy who cuts you off in traffic without so much as one flash of his turn signal
A roommate eating the last of something of yours and not replacing it
People borrowing things without asking
A spouse assuming you have nothing better to do than be at their beck & call.

While none of these are things I'm experiencing at this moment, the point is this. People everywhere seem to have forgotten how to be considerate.... courteous... polite. Yet these same people are more than willing to get their panties in a bunch when someone offends their sensibilities. Maybe I'm the one who's suffering from a lack of propriety? After all, what the masses do essentially becomes the "established standard" so perhaps this is the new acceptable thing? Go figure.

I love the smell of rain. No matter how many days it's rained in a row, I think it still smells wonderful.

Doing laundry is like doing the dishes. You have to do it, it's a never-ending job. Everyone is thankful that you did it, even if they don't say so.

Happy rainy Tuesday everyone!












No comments:

Post a Comment