I learned yesterday that Beth has never eaten spinach dip... hmmm... poor, deprived child. So of course, being the concerned momma that I am, I had to make some so she could experience it. Once it was all mixed, but before it went into the fridge, I let her taste it. Luckily, I had only cut one slice of bread so she couldn't eat the whole batch. She absolutely LOVED it. As a result, I decided that it was definitely worth sharing:
1 1/4c. Sour Cream
1 1/4c. mayonnaise
1/2c. cream cheese
1 packet Knorr Dill dip mix
1 can (8oz) sliced water chestnuts
1 package (10oz) frozen chopped spinach
1 loaf soft deli bread - such as french or Italian.
- Thaw and drain (thoroughly) the spinach - it needs to be VERY dry.
- Stack the water chestnuts and dice them up (about 1/8 inch cubes is perfect)
- Bring the cream cheese to room temp or put in the microwave for a couple minutes at 10% power.
- Combine mayonnaise, sour cream and softened cream cheese in a large bowl, and beat with an electric mixer (or in the bowl of a stand up mixer) until all three ingredients are well combined and start to fluff up
- Add the dip mix, blend again until well mixed with the electric mixer.
- With a rubber spatula, fold in the water chestnuts and drained spinach.
- Refrigerate, covered, for several hours before serving
- Cut bread loaf into slices and then cut the slices into quarters or sixths depending on how large the slices are.
ENJOY!!!! I'm hoping to get a little before Beth eats it all....