Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Don't ask.... Won't tell.

I am having to institute a "Don't Ask... Won't Tell" policy. This is for my own sanity. When I taught myself how to crochet, I didn't think it would come to this... I hate telling people "No." But sometimes, it has to be done.

Don't ask me any of the following questions:

How did you make that?
Did you use a pattern?
Can you make me one like that?
Can you teach me how to make it?

As long as you don't ask, I won't have to tell you that I have no clue what I'm doing. I won't have to tell you, "No" to any of the other questions.

Here is why. I made this hat - LD is modeling it  for me. Kid has a big head because the hat fits me too.


I totally, TOTALLY, winged it. I have no idea what I'm doing. There... I feel better. So, don't ask and I won't tell. However, the hat turned out "acceptable" in my opinion... enough so that the scarf I made from the same yarn has been completely dismantled and will be reconstructed to go with the hat.

The only YES I can afford here is that IF I manage to make something that someone likes, I could say yes if, for example, they were to say, "I really like that, can I have it?"

2 comments:

  1. Jade - that's how I like to crochet too!! Just start and see where it leads me...some idea if i want to make a hat or a bag or something..but that CAN change :). In fact - that's what I Love about crochet ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. You suck you suck and yes you SUCK!! How are us crochet challenged ever gonna learn if you not crochet challenged don't teach us!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    PFTTTT :}Sondra

    ReplyDelete